Monday, March 23, 2009

New Yorkers Pre-Season scrimmage

Today I had a scrimmage with my MABL/MSBL Baseball team, The New Yorkers. Check out our league/team website http://www.scorebook.com/newyorkers. We scrimmaged again the New York, Blaze, who were actually a pretty good team considering it is mid-march and I am sure neither of us have been able to practice outdoors due to weather and field conditions. We did actually get outside last week. We took infield/outfield and some batting practice.

Today was an actually game scrimmage. We played 9 innings, tried to nail down the fundamentals as we played, you know, using signs, leading off, stealing, bunting, hitting cut off men, etc… This probably what killed my ankles. I was asked to steal second, with a man on third, and I did and made it. Then a base knock to right-center, and I was sent home, JOY more running. I could have twistmy ankle rounding third but I don’t think so, because both ankles hurt.

I think it was a matter of running at full speed with new cleats on, after 3 years of not running on a baseball diamond. I am going to give it a few days and if they are still bothering me, I’ll get them checked out.

We have another scrimmage next week, however I wont be able to make it, as I am going to see the St. John Red Storm (my alma matter) take on Georgetown in an exhibition baseball game at Citi Field. Thanks Uncle Eugene. It will give my ankles some extra time to heal. Then I think we have another scrimmage the following week, then a week off and then the season starts on the 19th. We’ll be playing 22 games (barring any rain-outs), including a wood bat game on father’s day, that should be fun.

Well I am exhausted and hurting so I am gonna hit the hay. Hopefully my ankles will feel better tomorrow.

No comments: