Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Disgusting old trains...

Ugh after wonderful day at work I get stuck on a wonderful, old LIRR train. Seriously when are they going to decommission these bad boys.

As I stand there on track 21 waiting for the train to come, everyone looking in the direction in the direction the train comes from. Suddenly the lights show and to my disgust it's an disgusting, old LIRR train. Seriously these trains need to be decommissioned. Half the window seats have no arm rests, how's a guy to sleep. Half the aisle seats (the ones on the three seaters) have no head rests, again how's a guy to sleep. The lights don't stay on half the time, how's a guy to read.

Yet one day waiting for the morning train, yet another old train arrives and the person next to me goes "Oldie but goody." Now I have used this phrase before but mostly when I'm talking about a song or movie. I couldn't quite tell if he was being sarcastic. But then he started to talk to his group of friends and they all agreed to like these old trains over the newer trains. I really don't understand how anyone could like these older trains over the newer trains, but I guess to each his own.

No comments: